Care Coordinator – Mental Health (Hospital) / MHAN (TPT 0.9 FTE up to 18 months)
Cambridge Memorial Hospital, 700 Coronation Blvd., Cambridge ON, N1R 3G2
and Various School Locations in Waterloo Wellington
Closing: September 4, 2020
Schedule: TPT up to 18 months
Rate of Pay: $34.98 - $46.63 per hour
Reporting to: Manager, Patient Services
The incumbent will be responsible for a combined role of Hospital Mental Health Care Coordination and Mental Health Nursing. Monday through Friday mornings, 8:30am to 12:00pm at Cambridge Memorial Hospital and 1:00pm to 4:30pm as a Community MHAN Nurse.
Hospital Mental Health Care Coordinator:
- Conducting eligibility and service needs assessments for clients referred to WWLHIN for in home or placement services;
- Developing, initiating and coordinating individualized care plans for eligible clients, and providing ongoing resource management and discharge planning as appropriate;
- Conducting alternate planning for non-eligible clients, and providing program interpretation/education to hospital and community agency staff, long term care facilities, physicians, clients and families;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Mental Health & Addictions Nurse (MHAN):
- assisting school boards in recognizing and responding to student mental health and addiction issues
- providing services and support to students with mild to complex mental health and substance abuse issues
- developing plans for Patients with mental health and addiction needs including the transition of students back to school from hospitalization
- providing support or intervention for issues such as self-harm or treatment refusal.
- supporting students and/or parents access services such as family health and/or addictions agencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and application of case management principles and practices acquired through membership in good standing, with the appropriate college as a Registered Nurse.
- Proven skills in the areas of case management, assessment, communication, interviewing, problem solving, interpersonal and leadership within a team based setting is required.
- Recent LHIN case management and experience and knowledge related to mental health issues required and certification in Mental Health Nursing (CPMHN(C)) or other Professional Mental Health certification is preferred.
- The ability to work independently in a highly organized manner is required.
- This position also requires proficiency in the use of a personal computer in a windows networked environment, using Word and database software.
- The ability to travel throughout Waterloo Region and Wellington County is required. Fluency in French language preferred.
- Direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth
- Knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system for children and youth
- Solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices
- Advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer in a windows networked environment, using Word and database software
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to travel throughout Waterloo Region and Wellington County is required
This position may be required to provide relief at other LHIN locations or teams as needed and may be part of the on call rotation as per the provisions of the ONA collective agreement.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #20-O-73 before 4:30pm on September 4, 2020 to Human Resources (e-mail email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_Recruiter.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY