Mental Health & Addictions RN (2.0 TFTs up to March 31, 2019)
Location To Be Determined
Closing: December 3, 2018
Schedule: 7 hours per day as prescheduled.
Rate of Pay: $35.95 - $45.26 per hour
Reporting to: Manager, Patient Services
The incumbent will be assigned to a district school board to advise educators, develop individual care plans in collaboration with other professionals and assist boards in developing strategies to address mental health and addiction needs.
Responsibilities will include:
- assisting school boards in recognizing and responding to student mental health and addiction issues;
- providing services and support to students with mild to complex mental health and substance abuse issues;
- developing plans for Patients with mental health and addiction needs including the transition of students back to school from hospitalization;
- providing support or intervention for issues such as self-harm or treatment refusal.
- You will also play a key role in helping students and/or parents’ access services such as family health and/or addictions agencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- direct clinical experience in providing mental health and/or addictions services for children and youth
- knowledge of the mental health and addictions service system for children and youth
- solid knowledge of health care related legislation and practices
- advanced assessment and diagnostic reasoning skills
- ability to work independently
- effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Registered Nurse and relevant related experience
- current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- proficiency in the use of a personal computer in a windows networked environment, using Word and database software
- must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- ability to travel throughout Waterloo Region and Wellington County is required
- proficiency in French may be a requirement in specific service areas; Fluency in French language preferred
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at HR.email@example.com for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #18-O-106 before 4:30p.m. on December 3, 2018 to Human Resources (e-mail: HR.firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_AdministrativeAssistant.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY