Placement Coordinator – Coordinated Bed Access (CBA) (0.5 FTE)
141 Weber Street South, Waterloo ON N2J 2A9
Closing: December 6, 2018
Schedule: Part-time / Job Share
Rate of Pay: $31.10 - $38.84 / per hour
Reporting to: Manager, Patient Services
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- determining eligibility and authorizing admission to Long Term Care Facilities;
- managing wait lists and facilitating admissions to Long Term Care Facilities;
- supporting clients waiting for transfer within LTC homes and out of region clients;
- participating in educational courses and workshops;
- liaising with LHIN staff, clients, families, hospitals and long term care facility staff regarding the placement process;
- performing other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- This position requires knowledge of the long term care, community health & social services systems and a university degree in a related health field.
- Demonstrated communication, organization and priority setting skills.
- This position also requires proficiency in the use of a personal computer in a windows networked environment, using Word and database software.
- Membership in a college would be an asset.
- The ability to work independently and to participate as an effective team member, along with excellent interpersonal skills are required for this position.
- Experience related to the long-term care facility placement process is preferred.
- The ability to travel throughout Waterloo Region and Wellington County is required.
This position may be required to provide relief at other LHIN locations or teams as needed. This position is included in the Placement on-call rotation schedule.
WWLHIN strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, along with a detailed resume, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements, quoting posting #18-O-110 before 4:30p.m. on December 6, 2018 to Human Resources (e-mail email@example.com). We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be communicating only with those selected for an interview.
*** PLEASE NOTE*** Cover letters and resumes need to be submitted as a single file, acceptable files are: doc, docx, and pdf. Please include your first name, last name and job title in the file name when applying, example JohnSmith_Recruiter.
THE WATERLOO WELLINGTON LHIN IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLES OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY