April 10, 2018
Pettapiece pleased as Louise Marshall Hospital expansion moves ahead
(Queen’s Park) – The long-awaited emergency and ambulatory care expansion at Louise Marshall Hospital in Mount Forest is one step closer to reality. In a press release yesterday, North Wellington Health Care reported that the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care gave its approval to move ahead with the final stage of planning.
Perth-Wellington MPP Randy Pettapiece called it great news for local health care.
“I know that hospital officials have worked hard on this proposal, and I’m very pleased the government has acknowledged the need to move this project forward,” Pettapiece said.
Pettapiece is a long-time supporter of the project. His actions have included organizing a ministry briefing with hospital officials in Toronto; offering support to the current and former hospital CEOs; advocating for the project with the Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network (LHIN); and, last year, pushing the government to support the project via an Order Paper question.
“This project is absolutely essential, and I stand ready to do everything I can, in cooperation with hospital officials, to continue supporting it,” Pettapiece said.
North Wellington Health Care states the project will improve patient access and quality of care for residents. It will also improve infection prevention and control, patient privacy, accessibility and operational efficiencies.
With the ministry’s approval, the project now moves to Stage 4 of the government’s Capital Planning process. More information on that process can be found on the LHIN’s website.
Randy Pettapiece, MPP | 416-325-3400 | www.pettapiece.ca